- A portcullis bars the entrance to the fortress, and small open windows look out over the only way in. 1d2 bandits guard the entrance, but there is only a 2 in 6 chance that they are paying attention.
- This bed chamber has windows looking out and in, a table and chair beneath the outward window, and a chest holding blankets, 1d6 torches, and a spare dagger. Under the pillow is another dagger, and 2d6 gold pieces are hidden under the mattress.
- The guardroom where the bandits keep watch. An arrow slit looks into the fortress, the winch of the portcullis is here, as is a barrel of rainwater, a small keg of brandy, and a box holding iron rations and several apples. Around the corner is a well, 30′ deep.
- A rack of 1d6 spears and a wooden shield stands here.
- This corner has arched pillars, a small tapestry showing a picture of the deity of blood, murder and savage war. A shrine to the deity stands in an alcove, prayers to war etched into the red-painted stone.